Are you looking for DIY methods on how to get wax out of carpet? Well, we’ve got quick and easy solutions to help you get all the wax types out. That means you can restore it to life without any hassle at all.
Carpets are a beautiful way to add comfort and style to your room, but they can also be one of the hardest things to clean. One spill that is notoriously tough to remove from the carpet is wax. Whether you’re an avid scented colored candle wax stain or use it in your beauty need. You’ll likely drop some hot wax onto your’s one day. When that happens, don’t panic!
A stain from them is not something that you can remove with the help of a vacuum cleaner and a brush. A thorough vacuuming will only make it spread across your carpet. If you’ve managed to spill it on both sides of the fabric, then this technique won’t do much for you at all.
Table Of Contents
- Stage Of Spill Will Decide The Best Suitable Method
- Gears You Should Wear Before Starting Wax Removal
- The Best Way To Remove Wax Off Carpet Also Depends On The Type Of Material
- 4 Easy Tried And Tested Tips To Remove Wax From The Carpet In 2021 And Beyond
- #1: Act Immediately, Before It Dries And Becomes Harder To Remove!
- #2: An Iron and Cotton Damp Towel
- #3: Hair Dryer
- #4: Ice Cubes!
- Big Question: What If Still Can’t Get Wax After Above Carpet Cleaning Tips?
- Take Help Of Best Products Available Online To Get Wax Off Capet?
- The Confusion: When To Hire Professional Cleaning Services To Rescue? : Cost Money But Saves Your Precious Time.
Let us see when, where, and how the cleaning process is to be done:
Stage Of Spill Will Decide The Best Suitable Method
Yes, it is true, there are many different solutions you can try. However, at first, you have to check the state of the spill or stain. Not only it will decide what tip to use, but help you prepare yourself for the job.
If the spill is a recent accident, then you will need some gentler solutions. Such as try rubbing it to help remove any type from the surface. Or, use warm water with dish soap on a washcloth or sponge for wetting down an area with spilled hair wax. Do not forget to let carpet dry properly, otherwise, even water form marks on carpet.
Spill That Is Identified Late
For an old spill, then you will need some tough methods such as using a butter knife to scrape it off your carpet. But there is a lot to be taken care of when going with such solutions, as there is a chance of doing silly mistakes. One such mistake is, applying any form of soap cleaning solution directly onto padding that can damage to even carpet tape under it.
Even if these old marks don’t seem like they’re too hard to clean up, don’t push yourself too much. As you cannot undo the damage caused by moisture and heat due to untested DIY.
Gears You Should Wear Before Starting Wax Removal
Safety comes first, never forget this!
No matter if you are doing a small cleaning at home or anywhere. These will save you from dust going into the nose, eyes which can cause allergies, etc.
Make sure you’re wearing appropriate clothing and accessories to keep yourself safe. If you are wearing normal clothes, there are changes that even clothes get some tough stains to remove later. Also, during the process, you might get dirty and wet with carpet DIY wax removal solutions.
So, before you know how to get wax out of carpet, know what gears you can use for safety.
Here is what you can consider, but not a mandatory requirement:
- Mask – You must wear a mask to filter out the dust and allergens that are stirred up during wax stains removal. It becomes important if you have not comfortable with the dust.
- Gloves – This is to protect your hands from potential side effects of exposure like skin irritation and dryness. Or, there might be a tiny sharp edge stuck in that can injure your hand.
- Apron – Dirt is likely to get on you while performing carpet wax removal at home. So you must cover your clothes with an apron or smock before starting this process.
- Safety Goggles – Do Not forget to wear safety goggles when trying to get them off.
If you have, you can also try to use the following while you work on getting wax stains:
- Protective Boots/Shoes – Most people don’t think about wearing shoes until they’re already on their carpets but it’s crucial for safety reasons. You’ll be walking all around on clean floors, dirty surfaces outside of your home, etc.,
- Long sleeves Clothes – Make sure your arms are covered up completely. This is to avoid getting any of the chemicals on your skin – this is very important so as not to cause a rash or irritation!
- Pants or jeans – Being fully dressed from head to toe will ensure that all parts of your body are protected from direct contact with the cleaners. You’ll also find it easier when moving furniture around because pants/jeans offer more grip than shorts do for example.
The Best Way To Remove Wax Off Carpet Also Depends On The Type Of Material
It has a sticky, gooey property that can be difficult to remove. It typically gets stuck indifferently with the following types of carpets:
- Nylon – This synthetic carpet material is the easiest to remove wax from the carpet.
- Vinyl – These are easier than wool carpets but harder than nylon and cotton fibers.
- Cotton Fiber – This type of carpeting will trap spilled hot ones in its fibers, making it difficult to clean up afterward.
- Woolen fiber – The worst situation when dealing with spilled hot bleach would be one made from wool.
- Nylon– Nylons are the easiest to remove hair wax from because you can just vacuum it up!
- Olefin– These are the most susceptible to spilled wax and other chemicals. Cleaning them into spills immediately is the best option.
4 Easy Tried And Tested Tips To Remove Wax From The Carpet In 2021 And Beyond
As I have shared above that there are many popular solutions that you can DIY at home. You need to analyze on your own the type of wax stain, how old it is, and what type it is on.
If you are comfortable in using these methods and have all the material with you, go ahead!
Otherwise, the best would be to take professional help from the professional removal services.
Here are the methods you can use at home for removing it:
#1: Act Immediately, Before It Dries And Becomes Harder To Remove!
Without a doubt, this is the best solution you can try to make your life easy, and save a ton of time.
Soak up as much excess as possible with paper towels before using any other technique. This also helps remove softer ones like candles wax faster than sponges or cloth would.
But harder types often need more effort until they get into a better position to be pulled off.
If the fabric is delicate, use old clothes. Otherwise, your favorite shirt might end up in the trash because of one little mistake!
Vacuum up excess loose particles using a strong one before they hardened wax too much making it impossible to soak. Chances are much higher that you will be able to remove the wax off your carpet completely if you take immediate action.
#2: An Iron and Cotton Damp Towel
If the stain got hardened or you just identified an old one. Using an iron might loosen it up and allow you to remove some of it by rubbing it with a cotton towel.
Step By Step Process
-Wait until it has cooled and hardened
-Place a cotton towel on top of the affected area where you spilled or dripped one.
-Set your iron, at its lowest setting, to steam mode and apply it evenly over the surface for about 15 seconds. Let cool again before repeating if necessary.
Be cautious if has wool or silk fibers as these can be damaged from heat.
Precautions During Removal Process:
-First, warm it before attempting removal through this method.
-Do not use a hot iron directly on wool or silk one as these might be damaged.
-Do not use the iron directly on if your carpet is nylon, acrylic, or any other synthetic fiber which are heat sensitive
-Apply to uncolored affected area only, as colored fabrics may bleed when exposed to high heat.
So, how to get wax out of carpet without using an iron? Well, keep reading if you are not comfortable using hot iron on your precious one!
#3: Hair Dryer
It may not able to remove the stain completely but it can be removed enough so that the eye won’t notice it anymore. What’s more, this process will also cut your risk of permanent damage to the carpet fibers!
This process involves using heat from a hairdryer to melt and soften it up. Which makes for an even easier cleanup through vacuuming afterward. This is very effective if you are using it for colored wax.
That being said, let’s get started on how to get wax out of carpet with these:
Steps To Execute These Cleaning Tips:
- Turn off your hairdryer by unplugging or switching off its power source.
- Put a brown paper bag over the spot to protect from getting dirt and other debris.
- Turn it on by plugging it back in or flipping its power switch, and set it to a high heat setting
- Position the hairdryer about 12 inches above the brown paper bag you placed over it. The goal is for hot air coming out of the hairdryer to hit both sides of the paper towel. Which should help soften up the wax as per the desired result.
- Keep using the hairdryer till you seep was melting and running down the paper bag clean towel.
-If necessary, you can also use water to help with this process. By applying a small amount of it onto the spot where you spilled candle wax and then turning on your hairdryer.
-This will cool one as well as reduce any risk for thermal heat damage to carpet fibers underneath if present. It should be completely removed from the surface at this point!
Precautions During Wax Removal Process:
Using a hairdryer for removing wax from the carpet can cause possible thermal heat damage to the fibers.
It is not recommended if you have a wool or synthetic rug. As there cannot be cleaned by any means and will need to be replaced should it get damaged?
So, this is how to clean it out of the carpet with the help of a hair dryer!
#4: Ice Cubes!
If you have this one that was caused by a candle, this is the quickest and easiest way to remove it. All you need for this removal process is ice cubes and some plastic bag or wrap.
Though ice pack is the best for this tip, just in case these are not available. Use anything available at home but freezing.
One of my friends even used frozen meat for a small wax stain on his restaurant carpet. He later went with tiles as he found them earlier to clean and maintain. Now to the details on how to get wax out of carpet with ice cubes;
Step By Step Process
- Fill up a bowl or plastic bag with ice pack;
- Then place them in contact with the spill of wax. So that it starts to freeze into chunks (this process may take a few minutes).
- Check if this is frozen, if yes move to the next step. Else wait till it gets harder and ready to scrape off.
- Once you are sure that wax stain is complete frozen, remove;
- Now peel off wax chunks from the carpet with the help of a butter knife. You can also use a spoon, or any other similar utensils available at home.
The advantage of this technique is that it doesn’t leave any residue. Which means no sticky feeling left behind after you vacuum up. This is how to get wax out of carpet without heat or iron which is a bit difficult method compared to this using plastic bag.
Precautions During Removal Process:
Still found, some small pieces of remaining wax chunks stuck?
They may need a little more time or rubbing with a paper bag dipped in water before being removed.
If you are still not happy and found wax not completely removed. Getting back to the hot iron or hairdryer method to remove wax from carpet can be tried after peeing.
Big Question: What If Still Can’t Get Wax After Above Carpet Cleaning Tips?
Well, this happens much time that the wax stain is so damn old that nothing works perfectly. If you have already tried all of the above, and still can see a bit of it, here are some secondary methods.
You can use these after you are thorough with the earlier one and waited for 24 hours.
To remove the wax out of the carpet, dip a clean cloth in rubbing alcohol and gently rub it over the stained area. The rubbing alcohol will cut through any leftover residues that may have been missed with other methods.
As alcohol can remove oils and waxes, it is a powerful solvent to get hair removal wax out of the carpet. The best part is that it is easily available at every home or in the market near you.
Using Baking Soda With Water
Mix baking soda with a small amount of water and soak the stained area in it. Let it completely dry then vacuum off any residue that remains to reveal a clean carpet again
Baking Soda is great for removing it because of its ability to absorb oils. This makes it an excellent cleaner for oil-based substances like hair removal wax.
The only caveat is that you need to rinse out the baking soda before vacuuming. So as not to leave white powder on after wax removal.
So, use this only if you have enough time on a particular day!
Use Of Vinegar On Wax
Vinegar is another natural cleaner that you can use for removal though vinegar do have a strong odor itself. It’s a bit more abrasive, so it will not only break up and dissolve it. But also clean of any hair oils or other substances mixed in with it.
The main downside to using vinegar is that it irritates skin and eyes. I recommend wearing gloves and goggles when applying this solution as well.
If you are looking for an all-purpose cleaner, then baking soda might be better suited to remove just the hot one. However, if you need a heavy-duty cleaning agent for grease stains. Look no further than white distilled vinegar if you looking for how to get wax out of carpet.
Take Help Of Best Products Available Online To Get Wax Off Capet?
There are many products available if you do not want to get messy with DIY removal.
If you love your carpet as I do, keeping a few stain cleaning products and portable equipment is a wise decision.
Just in case you are planning to get a few of these, here are a few recommendations that will help you get other residue out of the carpet:
For removing difficult ones, you will find many of these products in the market and they provide a very effective way to remove the stains. One such product is the Chem-Dry Carpet stains extinguisher which is easily available online.
These products are designed to remove unpleasant odors. Also, help people with allergies by reducing the level of allergens in your carpet. If you care about eco-friendly and plant-based products, you can go for Bokleen Odor and Stain remover.
There is a wide range of different products available for this. That including powders and liquids which can be applied either manually or through an automatic cleaner such as the BISSELL SpotClean ProHeat Portable Spot, and other carpet cleaning detergent.
Always remember, if you do not have any experience building DIY solutions at home. Don’t hesitate to contact professional cleaners who offer their high-quality services at good prices.
The Confusion: When To Hire Professional Cleaning Services To Rescue? : Cost Money But Saves Your Precious Time.
Well, if you do not care about the little marks this has made, you can get that off later with the help of a professional carpet cleaning company.
If your home is anything like ours, it’s full of busy people running in and d daily. All that activity means plenty of opportunities to spill liquid or food and scented one much time.
Thankfully, these guys are available, should you find yourself busy and no time to clean by yourself.
Plus, there’s no need for guesswork when getting it cleaned by experts.
Professional cleaners also offer stain protection treatment. So that future spills won’t leave behind marks as quickly as before.
Other benefits you get with professionals can help you get the following protection from stains of:
- Cat Pee or Dog Poop
- Mud and Dirt
- Soda or Juices
- Wine or Coffee
- Hair Dye
- And many more that are quite usual in our household.
If you want to save money, a better way would to be look for a professional carpet wax removal service that gives quarterly, half-yearly, or yearly packages. Not only it is a great save, but they also remind you of prior schedule appointments for services.
FAQ: Removing Wax Out Of Carpet
What is the best way to get candle wax out of carpet?
It depends on what material do your have ready with you that can be used without wasting time. Many people avoid using hot iron on their expensive carpet, hence I recommend dryer technique the best way to use for spilled candle wax removal.
Can baking soda get wax out of the carpet?
Yes, it can, but only when the scented one is in very little quantity. Otherwise, baking soda works best when you use them after trying iron or dryer to remove the maximum quantity.
Does vinegar remove candle wax?
Yes, it can help to soften and get candle wax from carpet but not that effective. If you want to give it a try, this is one of the oldest ways that people still use it. , it works wonders if you try it as a secondary step.
What is the easiest way to remove candle wax?
It depends on the type you have and how long the wax spills have been there. You can remove the candle wax easily if you take immediate action, otherwise if it is an old one. The easiest way how to get wax out of carpet would be to use either a hot iron or a hairdryer which are quite effective.